Monday, March 29, 2010

Arrin's Story

My baby boy is here!!



Arrin (Are-in) Patrick Klinedinst arrived on March 22, 2010 at 7:54 in the morning. He weighed 9lbs 10oz! He is just a good baby and we adore him so much! There is a little more to the story though and I don't want to forget anything, so here goes.....




On Sunday, the 21st of March, Eric and I had just finished watching a movie when I started feeling like baby was in a big ball in my tummy. It was a little uncomfortable but I wasn't sure that anything would come of it sense I had had contractions for like 4 weeks anyways. I had been on bed rest for high blood pressure for 4 days also, so I was never really sure what my body was telling me! I decided to go take a warm shower and as soon as I got out, I felt the POP! My water broke, I'd been wait for this ok, ready....go!!!



I woke Eric up and he jumped out of bed and started getting all our stuff together. I started having more and more contractions at this point and was really anxious to get to the hospital. We had to discuss what do do with Lilly sense she was fast asleep, it was 11:00 at night! We decided to wake her up and tell her the good news. We took her to stay with my dad and picked up my mom at the same time to head to the hospital, we got there by 11:30 and I was 3 cm already! the rest of the labor was fine, seemed to be more painful this time, but maybe that's just because I knew what to expect. Funny story: I asked for Staydoll (I am not sure if that is how to spell it) because I was still undecided on having an ITN this time or not. The nurse gave me some and then asked if I wanted more, I said sure because I was still hurting quite a bit, well I definitely felt better after that because when I closed my eyes I was seeing the My Little Ponies jumping over rainbows and cranberries floating in water (you know the Ocean Spray Cranberry commercial...hahah)


Anyways, finally I said ok, somethings going on, I need to push and I want an ITN!! The nurse moved my into the delivery room and said I'd get my ITN in 30 min. I looked at the clock and was counting down the time, I was in crazy labor and thanks to Eric staying somewhat calm, but definitely I was going to loose it soon......oh ya, I did loose it!! An hour and a half went by and FINALLY I got my ITN!!! Then a few pushes and he was here!! Good thing I got the ITN because he was pretty big!!




So Arrin arrived at 7:54 in the morning and unfortunately was having trouble breathing. He was taken away pretty quick, Eric went with him in the nursery and they put an oxygen hood on him with warm air. To help him work out his fluid in his lungs. He also got an IV in his foot to increase fluids. Luckily his X-ray came back clear so he wouldn't need to be on antibiotics or in ICU, but it was still pretty scary to have to see him like that. The worst part was that I couldn't hold him. Finally at 3:00 that afternoon, they brought him in to me so I could hold him!! I was SO happy. Eric and Mom got to hold him for the first time too! Dad, and my Grandma got to see him through the window of the nursery.









We got to keep him in our room over night, but the next day Dr. B felt his Beliruben and Hemoglobin counts were too high and decided we need to put him in an isolete with three ultra violet lights to reduce his jaundice. Dr. B hoped he would be out in about 8 hours, but it ended up taking just over 24 hours to get his counts down. We had to feed and change him in the isolete, it was very hard to do. One person feed, then tilted him up for the other person to try to burp. Diaper changing was interesting too, but we did it. Thank God Eric got to stay in the room with me the whole time because I would have not been as strong on my own. Together, we are much better!


My brother came up on day 3 (Wednesday) to see him through the window of our room while he was in the isolete.



On Wednesday night Dr. B said we could take him out of the isolete, but she wanted us to wait over night with him. I had been discharged from the hospital, but there were no other babies and so the hospital let Eric and I stay the night with him in the room. I wasn't leaving anyways!



Finally, on Thursday morning (6:30 am) Dr. B said all was good and we could go home, but we had to wait until 8:00......waiting, waiting, waiting, we decided to take a nap to pace the time! At 8:00 the nurse came in and gave us our discharge papers and instructions, by 8:08, we were out the door!! We could not wait to get home and Lilly to meet him! Mom and Lilly meet us at home and we finally went home as a family.

We were so happy to be able to relax at home and for Lilly to be with us. We missed he SO much while we were in the hospital. There meeting was priceless. Lilly was just adorable and talked to him and kissed him and loved him!! She is a wonderful big sister, it is so special to get to watch her be the big kid. I think this gift of a brother is a special one to give her.



The next day (Friday) we went back to the doctor and she said he is looking much better. We were very relieved he was doing well and wouldn't need to go back to the hospital.



Arrin is a very good baby, we sleeps well at night and is so lovey and sweet. His cheeks are so chunky! We can't imagine life without him!


Thank you all for your prayers and gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment